Rough and Frizzy hair is something that bothers most of us, right? Yes! Shampoo and Conditioner often come to one’s mind when one is looking to get rid of Rough and Frizzy hair. But there are natural hair conditioning options also available that can help one to get rid of Rough and Frizzy hair.
Multani Mitti often described as Fuller’s Earth (or Calcium Bentonite Clay) is a natural clay element that has healing properties for skin and hair usage and is widely used across India as a home remedy to get clearer skin and smooth & straight hair as it has inbuilt properties to remove dirt, oil, and impurities from the surface. Multani Mitti can do wonders on your hair ranging from smoothening to straightening, removing oil & impurities along with dandruff.
I, myself have long rough, dry, and frizzy hair – a combination of curly and straight hair. Personally, I am not a fan of using shampoo and conditioners on my hair therefore as an alternative I have been using Multani Mitti on my hair for the past 10 years and it has worked wonders on my hair. This is coming from a persona experience, when it comes to getting rid of greasy & oily hair, Multani Mitti comes to my rescue and it is extremely easy to make Multani Mitti hair mark.
Today, in this post we will see how to use Multani Mitti for hair to get smoother & softer hair for Men & Women by just using Multani Mitti and Water as the main ingredients.
How to apply Multani Mitti Hair Mask
A natural Multani Mitti hair mask contains only Multani Mitti and Water combination whereas you can add extra ingredients like Reetha Powder, Lemon Juice, etc.
Follow the steps to apply Multani Mitti hair mask:
- Crush the Multani Mitti stones to make powder or use the powder form of crushed Multani Mitti. Take out 5 teaspoon of Multani Mitti for the mask
- In a small bowl, mix Multani Mitti powder and some water to make a Multani Mitti hair mask
- Apply gently over your hair and scalp
- Leave the Multani Mitti hair mask on your hair for around 15-20 minutes and massage your hair for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse your hair with cold/warm water
- Repeat the above steps twice a week
Multani Mitti has a natural clay-like smell that you might feel coming from your hair once you have rinsed your hair; to overcome this applying oil or natural hair cream might be helpful.
Multani Mitti Hair Mask Benefits
- Multani Mitti helps to remove extra oil and dirt from the scalp
- Multani Mitti makes hair smooth and tangle-free
- Massaging via Multani Mitti on hair scalp helps increase blood circulation
To put in one line Multani Mitti acts as one efficient cleanser for your hair and can be used by both grown men & women. It is one helpful home remedy to get smooth and silky hair without much extra effort.
Let us know if you have tried Multani Mitti on your hair, we would like to hear your experience.